In this Agreement, the following definitions shall apply:
- “Agreement” shall mean Customer Agreement.
- "The Company”, “Cohort Go”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” shall mean Cohort Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 63 154 889 139) whose registered office is situated at East Tower, Suite 1, Level 6/410 Ann St, Brisbane City QLD 4000 Australia.
- “OSHC Australia”, “OSHC” and “Student Health Insurance” shall mean OSHC Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 55 161 290 884).
- “Customer”, “You” shall mean the person or organisation named as being the Customer.
- “Services”, “Modules”, “Features” and “Platform” shall mean all products, services, technologies and functions offered by Us.
- “The Website” shall mean www.cohortgo.com and any of its subsidiaries including www.oshcaustralia.com.au and all previous company websites such as www.cohortpay.com, www.cohortarrivals.com and www.cohortflow.com.
- “Linked Sites” shall mean links to third-party websites and resources.
If We are found responsible for any damages, We are responsible for actual damages only. In no event shall We be liable for any incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive and/or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption resulting from the use of or inability to use the Website.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability and responsibility to you in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, this Website or by accepting any of our products or services.
When determining if we have caused you to suffer loss, you accept the actions of intermediaries not employed by us are the actions of third parties. We will not be responsible for any loss caused by a third party.
If you suffer loss or damage as a result of our negligence or failure to comply with this Agreement, any claim by you against us arising from our negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to a maximum of A$100 upon written evidence of your loss, providing your payment was made with sufficient time.
In order to reduce the cost to you, we work with banking, health insurance, accommodation and other partners to reduce the cost of your educational expenses abroad.
We may receive payments and/or commissions from service providers in order to provide the services on this Website.
You agree that we can communicate with you electronically either by email or by website notices. We may from time to time contact you by phone.
By submitting content to any Cohort Go review site, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and as such, is considered a public record and that you are allowing Cohort Go, and any of its subsidiaries, to have a permanent right to use your comments for business purposes including but not limited to internal and external promotions. This could include using, republishing, reproducing, distributing, changing or displaying the comments across Cohort Go services and other websites without restriction from time of submission in perpetuity.
We may edit and publish edited or partial versions of the review. We will never edit your review in such a way as to create misleading impressions of your views. Cohort Go reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any reviews it deems are inappropriate.
Promotions are strictly limited, and applies to orders placed during the relevant promotional period, expiring 11:59pm (AEST) on the day specified in the promotion.
- Promotion codes will be specified, relating to each promotional offer and period.
- Promotion codes must be quoted on purchase orders submitted to Cohort Go.
- Promotional offers can only be redeemed once per billing authority for each promotional period.
- Promotional offers will not be valid for contracted or discounted prices.
- Any credit earned through promotions will expire six months after the order has been processed by Cohort Go.
- Discounts will be applied on GST exclusive prices where applicable.
Enquiries regarding any aspect of Cohort Go promotions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Condition of Sale.
The following Conditions of Sale shall apply to any Cohort Go product or service sold on this Website. These Conditions of Sale constitute a complete and exclusive statement of the agreement and understanding between You and Us with respect to the subject matter hereof.
These Conditions of Sale may change from time to time and you are required within reason to revisit these before placing your order to ensure that these Conditions of Sale have not changed.
- Agreement. This Agreement is a contract between you and Cohort Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 63 154 889 139) for the use of any products or services that we make available to the Customer.
- Binding Agreement. You agree that any use by you of the Website, or acceptance of any other product or service provided by Cohort Go, shall constitute your acceptance of the Agreement. It is important that you read this Agreement in detail and make sure that you understand it fully before using this website or accepting any of our products or services. Should you not accept any of the terms of this Agreement, you should not register on the website or otherwise use the website.
- Eligibility. The products available on the Website for sale under these Conditions of Sale are only available for sale to individuals who can make legally binding contracts. The products are not available to persons under the age of 18 years nor any other person legally prohibited from entering into a binding contract. By placing your order, you are verifying to Us that you are able to make a legally binding contract. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any new user or any transaction at our discretion. We may also, at our discretion, exclude you from using the service without notice and for whatever reason.
- Your Offer. Your order is an offer by you to purchase a particular product for the price (including, where appropriate, the delivery and other charges and taxes) specified on the Website at the time of offer and shall be understood to be placed under these Conditions of Sale.
- Acceptance. We reserve the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including, without limitation, an error in the product description or the price posted on the Website, the availability of the product, or an error in your order. Your contract with Us only comes into existence when We forward you an email containing confirmation of receipt of your order, an acceptance of your order and confirmation of receipt of your payment. In circumstances where there is an incorrect price displayed, no contract will be deemed to have created and we may, at our sole discretion, cancel the policy and refund your purchase.
- Product Details and Pricing. Unless otherwise indicated, all products are quoted in Australian dollars (AUD). The amounts quoted on the Website are subject to change at any time. Whilst we have procedures in place and we endeavour to keep all product details on the Website current, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of product or pricing information on the Website.
- Third Party Beneficiaries. Our suppliers and related entities are entitled to rely on, and enforce these Conditions of Sale as if they were a party to them.
- Governing Law. These Conditions of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law in effect in the State of Queensland, Australia and both parties accept the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Queensland, Australia in relation to any dispute between them.
- Risk and Liability. You assume all risks and liabilities for consequences arising from the use of the goods or services whether singly or in combination with other goods or services and indemnify Us in respect of any such use.Customer Agreement.
- Purchases. By purchasing and paying for a policy via this Website, you warrant you are the authorised holder of the account used for payment and/or have express consent of the authorised account holder to make the relevant purchase and payment.
- Summarised Information. The Website contains statements regarding the terms of the products offered, including details of the benefits available and items not covered by the product. Such statements are generalised in an attempt to give you a summary of the types of products available and not a comprehensive comparison of all terms and conditions of each policy document. Not all products are the same and you should confirm the exact terms of any product that you intend to purchase prior to proceeding. You are responsible for your choice of OSHC insurance and should you have any doubt regarding an OSHC policy, you should seek further advice in order to make a fully informed decision.
- Company Status. We are not a registered health benefits organisation, and do not provide any health-related services. We do not guarantee the ability of the provider to fulfil its obligations to provide the insurance that you may purchase.
- Refunds. Refunds for your purchase can be facilitated from the provider in the following instances:
1. If your visa was refused by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (proof from DIAC will be required).
2. You have decided to not travel to Australia.
3. Where you have inadvertently bought two policies from the same or different providers.
4. You have made a mistake in your application.
Where you are entitled to a full refund, we will refund you the full purchase price, less any bank fees that may be charged if we need to send you an international payment. Where you are not entitled to a full refund, we will refund you for the unused portion of your premium, less any bank fees that may be charged if we need to send you an international payment and any minimum cover period or refund processing fee that your provider may charge.