Cohort Go Payments for Students.
- Eligible Transactions. You are only permitted to use this service to make payments for:
- Tuition and other international education related fees, to officially approved Education Institutions that offer courses to people studying on student visas;
- Cohort Go partners including accommodation and overseas student health insurance providers; and
- Where available, your own bank account.
- Authorisation. By accepting this Agreement you authorise Cohort Go to make payments on your behalf. Cohort Go will make the payment on your behalf according to the details that you have provided us.
Payment. It is your responsibility to ensure that the details of the transaction are accurate. Once you confirm the transaction, We immediately hedge the currency risk to ensure that we are not exposed to market moves in the exchange rate. Therefore, we cannot cancel any payments.
For every transaction you enter with Us, you agree to complete the transaction as detailed in your personalised confirmation. This includes paying the foreign currency amount into our bank account by the settlement date. This can generally be completed by instigating a telegraphic transfer (wire) by you (or someone acting on your behalf) physically entering your branch of your bank or using your bank's internet banking portal. Where available, you can make payment into a Cohort Go local bank account.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the payment is processed into Our bank account and does not fail or remain unprocessed for any reason. If you have followed the instructions on the confirmation, but your bank suggests there is a problem with the payment, please contact Us.
Once your funds reach Our bank account in the amount you have transacted, providing the information provided to Us is correct, you have fulfilled your obligations. We then assume your liability to pay your institution according to the details that you have provided us.
- Refunds. Once payment has been received by Us, no refunds are permitted. Any refund you may be entitled to must be requested directly from your provider abroad according to the rules of cancellation and repayment of this provider.
- Fees. We do not charge any fees for using our international tuition payment service. You are liable for any fees that your bank may charge you from time to time. This includes any fees that may be charged to you for whatever reason. Should any fees you are charged reduce the foreign currency amount that We receive into Our bank account, you agree to either instigate a further payment into Our bank account or contact Us to organise to pay the remaining funds in AUD into Our AUD bank account. We will not make payment until We have received payment in full.
- Website claims. Savings mentioned on the Cohort Go website are based on the assumption of savings of 3.5% based on investigations by Cohort Solutions Pty Ltd of average retail margins and fees for foreign currency transactions. Individual rates and savings may vary.
- Timing. While we take every care to ensure the payment is expedited, you should ensure that you instigate a transaction in a timely manner leave sufficient time for your payment to be processed.
- Closure of FX Markets. When FX markets are closed, we may temporarily suspend the payment service.
- Erroneous Pricing. We rely on third party vendors to provide us with real-time pricing on currency exchange rates. Should any of these rates be manifestly incorrect, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know of the error and the correct payment amount. You can either proceed with this correct payment amount or cancel the transaction. We will not be held liable for any incorrect rate feeds.